Take a look at one of our most popular laser hair removal package deals. Booking in for your FULL FACE saves you £55
With this amazing offer and package, the full face covers:
- Full Face
- Upper lip
- and hairline
Booking this as a package will save you £55 as oppose to booking individual treatments. Its one of our most popular packages for laser hair removal for women.
The odd hair on your chin or lip is perfectly normal and usually not a cause for concern from a health prospective.
Shifting hormones, aging, and even genetics could be behind additional facial hair and for that, there are simple and efficient ways to remove them if you don’t want them.
At Lancashire Laser Clinic we can offer quick, fast and permanent solutions.
What causes additional facial hair growth?
Everyone has hair on their face, lip and chin and this is perfectly normal. We all have vellus hair, often referred to as “peach fuzz” which is very fine, tiny light-colored hair. In fact our whole body is covered with vellus hair which is quite normal and it can help regulate body temperatures.
During puberty, increased production of the hormone androgen causes these follicles to become bigger and begins making terminal hair, which is longer, coarser, and darker. Everyone’s body produces androgen, but males have higher levels, which is why men usually have more terminal hairs than women.
Your hormone levels shift throughout your lifetime because of aging, weight gain. Also other factors can also increase hair growth such as pregnancy, menopause and PCOS.
Even a slight increase or imbalance between hormones can result in more hair growth in places you may not expect, like your upper lip, chin and neck.
In most cases, facial and chin hairs are normal, however, you may feel less confident with your appearance.
It is always recommended to visit a GP to see if there are any underlaying issues affecting your hormones, hair growth and health.
Getting Rid of Unwanted Hair
We know there are many ways to remove unwanted hair and yes, we have probably tried them all. We will do separate blogs on each of the following treatments:
- Waxing at home or by a professional
- Professional threading
Apart from electrolysis, none of these methods are permanent and do come with their own drawbacks, time and ongoing money being one of them!
Obviously we specialize in permanent laser hair removal so that’s always what we are going to recommend for a permanent, quick and safe solution to remove unwanted hair.
How to prepare your face for Laser Hair Removal
- Firstly avoid the sun! In general that’s not good for your face so always use a high SPF – but we would recommend avoiding the sun for at least 7days prior to treatments.
- Stop plucking. You need to stop plucking, waxing, tweezing threading completely prior and during treatments. If you remove the hair follicle, then there is nothing for us to destroy with the laser, so although it can be irritating, we recommend to simply shave in-between treatments.
- Check medications– this is something that we carefully go through with you during our initial consultation. There are certain oral or topical medications that must be avoided during laser hair removal treatments. If you are taking medications that may cause complications, we ask you to speak to your GP about possibly postponing medications 7-10 days prior to treatments (dependent on how long it takes to leave your system.) This is why its important to disclose any medications and we will help you though this process during your consultation.
- Clean face – we ask you to come with a clean face, ie no makeup or creams. But please don’t worry if you come straight from work, we have plenty of wipes and even a shower if you need one! We just need a clean face for the treatment.
- To shave or not to shave – so when it comes to laser hair removal sessions, we ask you to shave all areas being treated the day before your sessions, however, when it comes to the face, we like to see the hair growth at each session. We will review carefully each time you arrive and then we will remove the hair with a special facial razor before we start the laser treatment.
We change lives!
I’ve said this on many occasions that we do literally change lives with our treatments. Again, some people have laser simply for cosmetic reasons which over the long run saves time and MONEY!
But for others, it is literally life changing as excess body hair can have impacts on our self esteem, mental health and body confidence.
We see a lot of ladies who suffer from unwanted facial hair, many of whom have tired various methods and suffered for many years.
It is with great pride and pleasure that we are able to offer this treatment and make a huge difference to someone’s body confidence and self esteem. We often get messages of thanks when results are starting to show -even from just one laser session with us you can see 50% hair loss.
Everyone is different and where hormones are concerned it can be a bit tricky. We always recommend 6 laser sessions to remove all hair. This ensures we cover all the growth cycles.
Get laser before its too late!
Unfortunately we are unable to treat and remove gray/white hairs. This is because there is no melanin in the hair follicle so its worth bearing in mind, if you want to remove any unwanted hair, try and do so before they age.
Our laser hair removal treatments are for all skin and hair types. So if you have any concerns about unwanted facial or body hair, please visit us. We offer a confidential consultation process and we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible customer service to make you feel relaxed and confident.
We are with you every step of the way!
We provide permanent hair removal treatments for both men and women, and we treat all skin and hair types.
Click here to book your free consultation.